Meet the Runelanders
Never trust the Storyteller. Only trust the story.– Neil Gaiman, Fables and Reflections
Hi, I’m Adam.
I’m a veteran of the Canadian Forces, a Red-Seal tradesman, the former front-man of a raucous goon-rock band called Lucky Number Ten, and all kinds of other things besides. The best of these is being a Dad. Enough of my CV. I’m here to tell a story, and we’ll never get to it if I keep this shit up. Anyway.
In 1981, my older cousin came to visit for the summer, bringing with him the spankin’ new edition of the Red Box. We spent weeks following the adventures of Rune-Wise, an elf from the era when that wasn’t just your race, but what you did for a living. I remember he had a bow he never used and was a bit of a stabby bastard, but whaddya want? I was nine.
In the way that these things do, the vacation ran out sooner than later. The day before he was due to go home, he made ready for his early morning departure, then that evening after supper we wrapped up the campaign just in time for me to go to bed. He put the books, dice & characters back in the box, then made a big show of looking at his neatly-packed luggage before he handed them over, telling me that I could have them so I could practice for next year when he got back and he didn’t have room for them anyway.
I started building my own world that day, and haven’t stopped since. Drawing on a lifelong love of folklore and myth, what started as one small kingdom with a surfeit of trouble has grown into nine impossible worlds and epic level problems.
Welcome to the Runelands of Telluria, friend. I could tell you about it all day, but instead, let me show you around.
- Narri Hullu and all of his other personae are played by Eric Martin.
- Zivah Hullu is played by Sharene, the Mad Fishmonger. Check out her site at: http://linktr.ee/madfishmonger
- Arabet is played by Christopher Stocovaz.
- Mr. Stitch is played by Mighty Fenris.
- Magma is played by Shauna Mulligan
- Khaludur is played by Sean Yo.
- Liz Evans-Gist designed the Runelanders logos and branding. You can reach out @crit_liz on twitter, or via patreon.com/lizgist.
- Fabrizio Fioretti did the character portraits. You can find him @FabrizioART on Twitter, or via patreon.com/TidesOfThageia